Friday, February 24, 2012

Remapping the F5 Key for Debugging VS2010

I use Visual Studio 2010 currently at work. When we switched from MSTest to NUnit I kept getting errors when I hit F5 to run my tests. The desired behavior of F5 changes from time to time in my IDE, so I want to note the steps to change it. I based the steps on an old blog post based on VS2005. The principals remain the same.

  • Open Visual Studio.
  • Click Tools - Options
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
  • Navigate to Environment - Keyboard
  • Keep your mapping scheme the same
  • Type Debug.Start in the Show Commands Containing field.
  • Remove the current shortcut
 


 

 

 

 

 

 
Now if you want to remap F5 to another debugging command:
  • Type in the command in Show Commands (e.g. ClassViewContextMenus.ClassViewProject.Debug.Startnewinstance)
  • Select the context for the override in the Use New Shortcut field
  • Click in the Press Shortcut Keys field
  • Press your desired shortcut key(s)
  • Press Assign
  • Review the conflicts in the Currently Used By dropdown
  • Press OK


 

No comments:

Post a Comment